How do I get my snapshots to go somewhere I specify?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

bertyboy

How do I get my snapshots to go somewhere I specify?

Post by bertyboy »

G'day there.

My topic says it all. I love my snapshots but I end up with them all over my desktop :o :shock:

When I move them to a folder I end up with non-consecutive numbers so I can't put them all in the same folder. :cry:

Am I missing something?
:?:

bertyboy

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

How do you mean non-consecutive?

I would simply give new titles to your screen caps before moving them to a folder so that they're easier to keep track of. The from there, you can drop that folder into the G-Force Sprites folder.

Unfortunately, any screenshots you make are placed on the desktop by default; and I'm not aware of amy way you can edit the Boot file or the Prefs file to change this.

Can I assume that this is what you're asking?
"God is syntax."

Toby

Post by Toby »

This may be a stome age solution, but I let 100 of them pile up on the Desktop, transfer all of them to a G-Force subdirectory under the Desktop, and then manually edit the file name from 'G-Force Snapshot 1.bmp' to 'G-Force Snapshot nnnn1.bmp; where nnnn is the next hundred sequential values. It may not be clean, but it has worked for me 15,600 times.

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

but it has worked for me 15,600 times.
*That* many??? (Pardon my gullibility if your intent there was to demosntrate a flair for exaggeration...)
"God is syntax."

Toby

Post by Toby »

Ask Andy... I've sent him 6 CDs full of them.
Take care.

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

God, I wish there were an emoticon for a spit-take........... :shock:
"God is syntax."

Toby

Post by Toby »

I Love It !!!!
I should probably just get a life! Actually, I have pretty much weaned myself of snapshot taking. The problem is that I love G-Force and a have it running up in the corner of my screen all of the time. Its almost impossible for me to refrain from tapping the old back-quote key every time I see something I particularly like, hence 100-300 snapshots per day. I am very proud of myself, though. I haven't saved a snapshot since September 30. Gotta admit, though, it was easier to give up drinking.
Take care.

joeshabadoo

Post by joeshabadoo »

ive been snapping screens for a while now, but I usually delete most of em cause I try n capture the brilliance of "g force in real time" in a still, and it is hard. Anyway, I just recently saw that you can submit them to andy and possibly get em posted on the website so I did that. I got a short reply saying "those are some great pics, you have good taste". This seemed a bit automated to me, and I wanted to know whether you guys have recieved that very same e-mail, word for word. I wouldn't be pissed if it was automated, but I'd like to think that he actually gave the pics a look, ya know.

Toby

Post by Toby »

It's not automated. I've swapped enough e-mails with him to be sure of that. Andy tends to be a little bit terse, no more words than necessary. Of course, he's got a lot on his plate; the more time he spends writing beautiful letters, the less time he has to write beautiful code and do all the stuff neccesary to wind up the naval portion of his life. AND, I don't think they can afford much automation, not for $10 a pop for Gold and so many people who won't even pay that. I'm sure Andy looked at your snapshots, and if he said he liked them, he liked them.
Take care.

andy55
Site Admin

Re: How do I get my snapshots to go somewhere I specify?

Post by andy55 »

bertyboy wrote:G'day there.

My topic says it all. I love my snapshots but I end up with them all over my desktop :o :shock:

When I move them to a folder I end up with non-consecutive numbers so I can't put them all in the same folder. :cry:

Am I missing something?
:?:

bertyboy
Hi there...

Unfortunately, right now there's no way to change it. I'll think about adding a pref for this.

Thanks,
Andy