Anybody figured out how to get G-Force to respond to audio from mic-in?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

moondog

Anybody figured out how to get G-Force to respond to audio from mic-in?

Post by moondog »

Greetings,

I've lost track of how many computers I've had Soundspectrum Visualizers running on over the years.

Most recently, I struggled for months to get G-Force running on a Windows 10 laptop. My method has always been to feed audio from the HT system into the laptop via the mic input and then feed the visuals to the HT screen. It worked flawlessly on all my machines. But I couldn't get it to work on this W10 laptop. Finally, A few weeks ago, I found the last Windows mic setting and got everything working. HALLELUJAH!! \:D/

Literally days later the laptop's MOBO fried and it died without warning. :-x

So now I have a new laptop running Windows 11. I've got G-Force installed and it looks great. But I cannot get it to recognise the mic input. I am able to select the mic input in G-Force's Audio Input selector and I can clearly see (in settings > Audio) that the audio is being heard by the machine. But G-Force doesn't seem to hear the audio.

I don't get any error message from G-Force when selecting the input. Just no reaction to the incoming audio.

I know SS isn't able to support W11 but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and found a solution.

Thanks!
"Whoa! How did you get your TV to do that?"

jerohm

Re: Anybody figured out how to get G-Force to respond to audio from mic-in?

Post by jerohm »

Hi
I hope you found an answer to your issue, but I am running on an Alienware X17r1/Win11 and I tried both the 32 and 64bit
5.8.3 G-Force versions and was able to get them to respond to the internal microphones, so I would concentrate on the win11
setup System->Sound. Make sure the system sees the microphones and they react to sound level, i.e. Not MUTED (without getting G-Force involved).

Listing all apps, I also have "Realtek Audio Console" which you provides you another control access. All the problems I had with
entering full screen "got fixed" when I uninstalled the Alienware Control Center... which isn't great, but I can live.
Last edited by jerohm on Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

moondog

Re: Anybody figured out how to get G-Force to respond to audio from mic-in?

Post by moondog »

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I did spend a LOT of time in Windows settings. I was able to confirm that the system was seeing the microphone inputs and I was getting nice strong levels. I just couldn't get G-Force to see that audio.

As an experiment, I loaded G-Force onto another laptop we have that's running W10. G-Force worked perfectly the first time, right out of the gate. The only fly in that ointment is that the "new" laptop has only got an i3 processor, so things don't look anywhere near as good as they do on this i7 machine.

I'll most likely end up buying another laptop that has an i7 and W10. I like the idea of having a dedicated G-Force device.

Thanks again for your response.
"Whoa! How did you get your TV to do that?"