Music for a Cause - "Show me what you got!"

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Music for a Cause - "Show me what you got!"

Post by b.dwall »

Let's have some fun and liven things up around here! Music for a Cause is a Forum Topic to highlight SoundSpectrum artists and their causes. Here's mine!

Title: Music Visuals for a Cause - Performance and Visuals for PLAN Systems 501(c)(3)
Description: Original music performance with an OP-Z, Kaossilator Pro, and a Kaoss pad.
Charity: PLAN Systems is spearheading the development of open source software for Privacy, Accessibility, and Collaboration.
Artists: ArtIsInFormation (that's me) and SoundSpectrum = )

If you don't know how to make music or videos, maybe it's time to learn some new skills! There are tons of free options for content, editors, and music making. To facilitate, I will leave some recommended links and guidelines below.

"Show me what you got!" Music for a Cause Guidelines:
- Combine SoundSpectrum Visuals (trial or paid) with original or creative commons Music and Video content
- Post the Title, Description, Charity, Artists, and Link in this thread
- Include a shoutout to a non-profit cause or charity that you support
- Include a note that "visuals are courtesy of www.SoundSpectrum.com"
- Keep the content family friendly

Here are some tips for getting started:
- Your audio track is the framework and pacing for your music video, so it's a great place to start
- Make an original music track with your choice of software or instruments (or download a creative commons audio track)
- G-Force supports pictures (sprites) as well as movie backgrounds, provided the format is .mov with G-Force running in 32bit mode (sorry 64bit people)
- Use OBS studio to record screen captures of SoundSpectrum visuals while playing the audio track (content must not be monetized)
- Combine all elements (video, visuals, graphics, text, final audio track) using a video editor of your choice
- Use masking, keying, layer blending, and other effects to create unique visuals

Tools for Production:
SoundSpectrum Visuals
OBS Studio open source broadcast and screen capture tool (free)
Pixabay stunning creative commons stock images & videos (free)
Internet Archive massive content library (free)
OpenShot video editor on mac/windows/linux (free)
Audacity audio editor on mac/windows/linux (free)
Linux MultiMedia Studio for linux/max/windows (free)
Camtwist Studio for mac (free)
Free Music Archive creative commons music collection (free)
Ardour record, edit, mix for linux/max/windows (free)
Virtual DJ DJ mixing software (freemium)
Garage Band music making on mac (free)
iMovie video editor on mac (free)
Movie Maker on widows (free)
Youtube editor and creative commons videos (freemium)
LaunchPad, iKaossilator, Gadget, Animoog, on iOS and android (in-app purchases)
Ableton (paid)

----This is not meant as a product endorsement and we can not provide support for software other than SoundSpectrum visuals----

SoundSpectrum Visuals Usage:
We permit registered and paid license holders (Gold, Platinum or Commercial) to post video(s) on the web, provided:
- 1) you must purchase an ACTIVE Gold, Platinum or Commercial license for SoundSpectrum software
- 2) video(s) must include a text credit saying: “Visuals courtesy of www.SoundSpectrum.com" or “Visuals contributed by SoundSpectrum.com in support of PLAN Systems”
- 3) the text credit must appear within the video(s) itself (i.e. the closing frame) AND be included along with the video description text
- 4) URLs to all posted video(s) should be provided to SoundSpectrum and used in a not-for-profit manner
- 5) we reserve the right to rescind permission for any posted video(s) that contain objectionable, illegal, or mis-representative content
- 6) you may not sell or license posted video(s) containing SoundSpectrum content, or place video(s) behind a paywall.
- 7) you may not use video(s) containing SoundSpectrum content in a live performance, unless prior license and permission has been granted

Check out the SoundSpecrum Music Visualizer + WinterWonders 2020 Promo available on the PLAN site: Music Visualizer Promo

This limited time promotion is in support of PLAN Systems, a technology 501(c)(3) co-founded by Andy (Drew) O'Meara (creator of SoundSpectrum visuals).

Let me know if you have any questions at all!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

cwoolrich

Re: Music for a Cause - "Show me what you got!"

Post by cwoolrich »

Hi, I need some clarity. If I am a current license holder of Sound Spectrum visuals, I can use them in a music video for my own music as long as I credit the visuals to Sound Spectrum/Plan systems and I can post the link here, where links have always been forbidden? I need clarity because it has always taboo to do both, use Sound Spectrum graphics in personal videos on you tube and to post links here on the message boards. Thanks.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello cwoolrich

Check out this topic:- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8473

Then follow these instructions posted by Brandon:-

SoundSpectrum Visuals Usage:
We permit registered and paid license holders (Gold, Platinum or Commercial) to post video(s) on the web, provided:
- 1) you must purchase an ACTIVE Gold, Platinum or Commercial license for SoundSpectrum software
- 2) video(s) must include a text credit saying: “Visuals courtesy of www.SoundSpectrum.com" or “Visuals contributed by SoundSpectrum.com in support of PLAN Systems”
- 3) the text credit must appear within the video(s) itself (i.e. the closing frame) AND be included along with the video description text
- 4) URLs to all posted video(s) should be provided to SoundSpectrum and used in a not-for-profit manner
- 5) we reserve the right to rescind permission for any posted video(s) that contain objectionable, illegal, or is representative content
- 6) you may not sell or license posted video(s) containing SoundSpectrum content, or place video(s) behind a paywall.
- 7) you may not use video(s) containing SoundSpectrum content in a live performance, unless prior license and permission has been granted
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

cwoolrich wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:00 pm
I can use them in a music video for my own music as long as I credit the visuals to Sound Spectrum/Plan systems and I can post the link here, where links have always been forbidden?
Correct, the terms listed help provide the framework for allowable usage in this context. The point isn't just to record and repost visuals by themselves, but to create and share original art that is relevant to the folks that show up here. You can replace PLAN Systems with your charity of choice. Please ensure that you do not monetize or put SoundSpectrum visuals behind a paywall, and that content is family friendly. Hope that helps.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org