"Space ships"

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Captain Morgan

"Space ships"

Post by Captain Morgan »

I happen to think that the "space ships" in Aeon are very silly. They don't look like anything that could be launched from a planet and yet they lose their engines as if they are leaving a gravity well. Other than that they don't seem to do anything. At least floating small appliances would be amusing or whimsical. These are just silly.

sharok

I Love the Space Ships

Post by sharok »

That is your opinion.
Do not use them, if you don't like them. Nobody forces you to either use them or like them
Not everybody agrees with you. I love those space ships.

Alienmoon

Re: "Space ships"

Post by Alienmoon »

Captain Morgan wrote:I happen to think that the "space ships" in Aeon are very silly. They don't look like anything that could be launched from a planet and yet they lose their engines as if they are leaving a gravity well. Other than that they don't seem to do anything. At least floating small appliances would be amusing or whimsical. These are just silly.
There kind of a Retro style rockets and the purpose of dropping an engine is based on real life physics & reality.

It's called Newton's Third Law.

Meaning, for Every action, there has to be an opposite and equal reaction.

You may have heard the phrase,... First Stage, Second Stage?.. though, something tells me you already understand this.

Also, in Aero, It's a visualisation only and not meant to be taken in any literal sense :roll: and to be honest, I think it looks pretty damn cool thinking on the designer of the rocket.

played along with the right tempo, It actually looks somewhat realistic and If you were to have real textured rockets or ships in the visual effect, I think, then, It'll look darn silly.

Of course, this is just my opinion and you have an entitlement to your own opinion also.

I guess, if it really bothers you so much, you could always design your very own ships or rockets.

actually, this is the purpose of my visit, to see if anyone has uploaded any configs files for others to download.

I guess I'll get back to looking around the forums :P
I Want To Believe