Pausing between "scenes"

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

shay_mcquaid

Pausing between "scenes"

Post by shay_mcquaid »

HI.

My computer is powerful.
Runs Aeon flawlessly EXCEPT when scenes change.

Why?

-Shay

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hi shay,

I have the same issue and I have a powerful laptop. There's nothing wrong with your laptop. It is an Aeon issue. If you try G-Force, you'll see that you have no pause during transitions.

I mentioned this issue many times and as of today, there has been no solution for it.

shay_mcquaid

Post by shay_mcquaid »

oh,yeah.
you're right.

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

Okay, this is ONLY my opinion, but I think I am right. If you run w/ debug [ Shift(D), Shift(D) ] and sleep goes to zero, you are most likely asking more than your CPU can provide. You should also probably pay attention to the FPS, when sleep goes to zero, for any reasonable period.
I agree it is a (non-optimal) programming issue, but the best you can do, is configuring your system, to process the coded sequence in the most optimal manner.

I already wrote a post about installing a (free) ramdisk driver, and copy/relink-ing Library, Packages, and Resources folders to it. I also have been playing around with:
"C:\Users\{UserAccount}\AppData\Roaming\SoundSpectrum\Aeon\Preferences (Standalone).txt:"

Code: Select all

Scene.ConfigPrepTime = 13 
 Scene.Slideshow.Interval.Duration = 30
 Scene.Transition.Duration = 10
- Close down ANY programs that might be using the internet in background (Skype, browsers, etc)
- Plug In laptops

I KNOW this is not a FIX, but it might help your situation... Adjusting Graphics Quality, and FPS may also affect your results.

ridemammoth

Post by ridemammoth »

shay_mcquaid wrote:oh,yeah.
you're right.
Hi Shay! What laptop are you using?