Performance limitations.

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

DodecaHydra

Performance limitations.

Post by DodecaHydra »

To great satisfaction, I discovered Aeon last night. I'm a huge fan of music visualization software, and I am more impressed with Aeon than other competing programs [Milkdrop, iTunes, Electric Sheep, Geiss in particular].

I'm so impressed that I'm considering purchasing a license, but there's one thing holding me back.

There are many [seemingly arbitrary] performance caps in place that prevent Aeon from taking advantage of my machine's true power--and, for any visualization program, that's a bit of a sour note.

Why is there no option for AA, anisotropic filtering, higher texture mesh sizes, >60fps?

While Aeon impresses me greatly in terms of depth, scope, detail and clarity, Milkdrop is inherently superior because it has innate support for rendering higher quality visuals [120 fps, 8x AA, 2048x2048 texture mesh size, 128x96 mesh size, force anisotropic instead of bilinear]

If I'm going to spend $30 on a visual program, it seems fair to say that I want those visuals to use every ounce of my computing power, particularly when there do exist competitors that do so for free.

Is there any plan in place to give high-performance users access to this?

I'm not complaining here--I love this program and have already [in the 14 hours I've been aware of Aeon] shared it with several friends of mine. Thank you for making this great program!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hello Hydra, Welcome to the Soundspectrum Forums :D

I think in the future Aeon will suppass all those limitations. Seeing as Soundspectrum have a lot on their plate I think it will still be a while before those bench marks are met but someday . Once thay do step things up Aeon wil be even more fascinating to watch.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DodecaHydra

The SoundSpectrum team rarely visit this forum meaning your requests will not go to those that matter. I suggest you send a copy of your post to Andy O'Meara (the big boss man).

andrew.omeara@soundspectrum.com

Regards BTT