AEON with Windows 8 Pro x64 Errors and Compatibility Issues

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ozbeats

AEON with Windows 8 Pro x64 Errors and Compatibility Issues

Post by ozbeats »

Wanted to make sure these issues were being collated for SS tech teams to rectify...optimize and repair :wink:

1. No AEON visible on the ITunes Visualizer menu even after installer identified iTunes was on my system.... using the 64-bit installer.. Whitecap and G-force work in iTunes, comparing the coding with those two may help

2. AEON seems to hang in WMC on Win8 Pro and crash on exit during usage within the music section of Windows Media Center

3. Getting script errors of various degrees during visualizer...latest noted:

Using Windows Media Player I think, unsure if was my 32 bit or 64bit version.... and got three in-programmatic lines, script error warnings for visual "slinkytwist".. :?:

Hopefully SS can resolve these issues and optimize the AEON, G-Force, Whitecap and Softskies fleet for the new Windows 8 in 32 and 64 bit OS, either Windows 8 or Windows 8 PRO plus either can add-on the optional Windows Media Center feature if desired.....

Thanks SS and AEON staff team, and contributors and supporters :D

From Alf in Australia

8)

--------------
My system SPECS

Hp Pavillion 2.4 GHZ Core 2 Quad Intel Processor
8 Gigabyte of R.A.M Random Access Memory
2GB ASUS Nvidia 660Ti Graphics Card with DX11 and auto-overclocking
Windows 8 Professional 64-bit OS with Windows Media Center
Using around 70GB's of USB/flash drives for Windows ReadyBoost too,
Windows System Performance Score rates my Graphics Processing Unit rank 7.9...CPU at 7.1... as always, a Standard HDD reduced me to 5.9...

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello ozbeats

I have no idea if any SoundSpectrum products are compatible with Windows 8.

Please read this:- http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... php?t=7677

I have sent a copy of your post to SoundSpectrum however, it will be a few days before a response will be forthcoming.

Regards BTT

sitsparky

Post by sitsparky »

Hey guys. We are looking into issues with the newest Aeon not showing up in iTunes (Windows) as well as certain script errors that seem to be appearing in the corner. As for Windows 8, as far as we've seen all of our visualizers seem to install and run okay on this platform, though we are still doing some testing to find out full capability.

Thanks for everyone's patience and hope to have more answers soon.

andy55
Site Admin

Post by andy55 »

Hey everyone. Thanks for being patient -- Windows 8 and iTunes compatibility are top priorities. Having just gotten back from holiday today and seeing the Windows 8 issues reported, I immediately ordered a new Windows 8 machine to troubleshoot what's going on.

So rest assured that we're on this with dispatch!

Andy

andy55
Site Admin

Re: AEON with Windows 8 Pro x64 Errors and Compatibility Iss

Post by andy55 »

ozbeats, can you list what version of iTunes you're running?

ozbeats wrote:Wanted to make sure these issues were being collated for SS tech teams to rectify...optimize and repair :wink:

1. No AEON visible on the ITunes Visualizer menu even after installer identified iTunes was on my system.... using the 64-bit installer.. Whitecap and G-force work in iTunes, comparing the coding with those two may help

2. AEON seems to hang in WMC on Win8 Pro and crash on exit during usage within the music section of Windows Media Center

3. Getting script errors of various degrees during visualizer...latest noted:

Using Windows Media Player I think, unsure if was my 32 bit or 64bit version.... and got three in-programmatic lines, script error warnings for visual "slinkytwist".. :?:

Hopefully SS can resolve these issues and optimize the AEON, G-Force, Whitecap and Softskies fleet for the new Windows 8 in 32 and 64 bit OS, either Windows 8 or Windows 8 PRO plus either can add-on the optional Windows Media Center feature if desired.....

Thanks SS and AEON staff team, and contributors and supporters :D

From Alf in Australia

8)

--------------
My system SPECS

Hp Pavillion 2.4 GHZ Core 2 Quad Intel Processor
8 Gigabyte of R.A.M Random Access Memory
2GB ASUS Nvidia 660Ti Graphics Card with DX11 and auto-overclocking
Windows 8 Professional 64-bit OS with Windows Media Center
Using around 70GB's of USB/flash drives for Windows ReadyBoost too,
Windows System Performance Score rates my Graphics Processing Unit rank 7.9...CPU at 7.1... as always, a Standard HDD reduced me to 5.9...

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

I was using iTunes 10.7 up until today....

I tunes 11 has been released and I am now using that, haven't tried reinstalling aeon platinum to see if it'll work yet but can update you on that too. :D

Another glitch I have is with 64 bit instances of the plugin (in wmc and wmp 64bit) esp. with g-force, it hangs on program / player exit and thus contributes to a wmp 64 or wmc crash

My system is 64 bit, intel cpu core2quad q6600, NVidia GTX660Ti 2gb, OS: Windows 8 Professional (pro) 64 BIT with Windows Media Center (enabled via add features - 100% free WMC serial KEY on the Microsoft windows 8 website until Jan 31st 2012)

Thanks, from Alf in Australia

(i'm also a ss platinum beta tester) 8)

P.S, G-force is flying on iTunes 11 so far, working faultlessly...

-----

Latest Update: Reinstalled AEON and it detects iTunes during installer options (FYI now i'm using iTunes 11) but still doesn't show in the ITunes visualizer menu like g-force and whitecap do!

So for some reason this issue is affecting both the 10.7 and 11 versions of iTunes (the iTunes 64 bit installer required for 64bit pc's even though it still runs as 32 bit process)

andy55
Site Admin

Post by andy55 »

Hmmm, so G-Force 4.4 shows up ok?

If possible, please msg me on skype (andyomeara) or on AIM (movinandy55) and I'll give ya a couple test versions to try.

Thanks!
Andy
ozbeats wrote:I was using iTunes 10.7 up until today....

I tunes 11 has been released and I am now using that, haven't tried reinstalling aeon platinum to see if it'll work yet but can update you on that too. :D

Another glitch I have is with 64 bit instances of the plugin (in wmc and wmp 64bit) esp. with g-force, it hangs on program / player exit and thus contributes to a wmp 64 or wmc crash

My system is 64 bit, intel cpu core2quad q6600, NVidia GTX660Ti 2gb, OS: Windows 8 Professional (pro) 64 BIT with Windows Media Center (enabled via add features - 100% free WMC serial KEY on the Microsoft windows 8 website until Jan 31st 2012)

Thanks, from Alf in Australia

(i'm also a ss platinum beta tester) 8)

P.S, G-force is flying on iTunes 11 so far, working faultlessly...

-----

Latest Update: Reinstalled AEON and it detects iTunes during installer options (FYI now i'm using iTunes 11) but still doesn't show in the ITunes visualizer menu like g-force and whitecap do!

So for some reason this issue is affecting both the 10.7 and 11 versions of iTunes (the iTunes 64 bit installer required for 64bit pc's even though it still runs as 32 bit process)

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

No probs, added to Skype, awaiting your messages,

Thanks Andy, from Alf

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello ozbeats

In the new version of AEON SS have resolved Windows 8 compatibility issues.

Regards BTT