OS X Lion compatibility

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

TRR

OS X Lion compatibility

Post by TRR »

Is there a projected date for beta versions of AEON and WHITECAP that are compatible with OS X Lion? I've deferred upgrading my wife's MacBook Pro & my Mac Mini until the new versions are available. I miss being able to use them on my iMac. Thanks!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TRR

This post was made in the G-Force section recently, hope it helps.
sitsparky wrote:We are aware of compatibility issues with our software and the new Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and iTunes 10.4 and are working to address this shortly within a coming update. Though we typically try to address these things before a new media player or operating system is officially released, Apple makes it a bit more difficult and less cost-effective for developers when leading up to a product launch. In fact, along with other third-party plug-ins previously available within iTunes, there are a number of other applications which either do not work on OS X Lion yet or have shaky workarounds. However, please know that compatibility with this new OS and new version of iTunes is top priority for us right now and we hope to be able to release a compatible update as soon as we can.

Regards BTT

TRR

OS X Lion compatibility

Post by TRR »

Thanks, BTT! I had read that as well a while back, and was hoping that a status update regarding when betas would be released might be available. I guess that all we can do is just wait.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TRR

The only suggestion I can make is to contact SoundSpectrum direct by clicking on the following link and lodge an official complaint. The folks at SoundSpectrum rarely visit the forum.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Regards BTT

TRR

OS X Lion compatibility

Post by TRR »

Hi BTT...

I just sent a request to the support team for an update, and will let forum members know if I learn anything significant.

Thanks, again!
TRR

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello TRR

Your welcome.......

Hope you can post back with some positive news.

Regards BTT

JollyPaul

Post by JollyPaul »

FYI, thanks to posts in the G-Force forum, I've got Aeon working on Lion. The first step is to reinstall Aeon after upgrading to Lion. The second step is to start iTunes in "32 bit mode", which is an option you can apply to the iTunes app in Finder.

It works so far for me, though I haven't run it for an extended period.