Windows 11 Compatibility

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

toddelving

Windows 11 Compatibility

Post by toddelving »

Hello
Long time subscriber just got my PC working after letting it sit for a while and tried to get Aeon or and of the softwear to work. Tried downloading it a number of times, then contacted Windows and they said Windows 11 is not compatible with the softwear. Is there a plan to do this?

juxtiphi

Re: Windows 11 Compatibility

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi Todd

As far as I know SoundSpectrum will no longer be updating their visuals to work with new versions of Windows or other OS.

It's a shame that a great program like G-Force will become unusable to future OS's

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Many thanks for your reply juxtiphi. Just want to add that all SS products work up to and including Windows 10.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

From my experience SS Visualizers work very well with Windows 11.
Windows Media Player, Winamp, Standalone and in the modern iTunes from the Microsoft Store.
I'm using a 12th Gen i7 12700, 600 series Asus Z690-A mobo, 32 GB DDR4 3000Mhz Ram, Asus RTX 2070 Dual OC GPU.

One thing to keep in mind you cannot add the visualizer plugins straight to iTunes from the Microsoft Store;
Firstly, find an older exe (non-store version) and install it, login and then install your visualizers one by one,
make sure they all run, ONLY then proceed to update iTunes via the windows Microsoft store,
the SS visuals will then successfully migrate to the newer store version of iTunes.
Setting the visualizer preferences in iTunes (from the MS Store) is a little tricky,
changing them within modern MS store iTunes doesn't permanently save preferences e.g Frame Rate, Quality and Prevent Display Sleep for iTunes
go to 'C/users/username/AppData/Roaming' these iTunes preferences can be modified if you are reasonably confident.

Leo Worker

Post by Leo Worker »

ozbeats wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:32 am
Windows Media Player, Winamp, Standalone and in the modern iTunes from the Microsoft Store.
I'm using a 12th Gen i7 12700, 600 series Asus Z690-A mobo, 32 GB DDR4 3000Mhz Ram, Asus RTX 2070 Dual OC GPU.

One thing to keep in mind you cannot add the visualizer plugins straight to iTunes from the Microsoft Store;
Firstly, find an older best phentermine over the counter exe (non-store version) and install it, login and then install your visualizers one by one,
make sure they all run, ONLY then proceed to update iTunes via the windows Microsoft store,
the SS visuals will then successfully migrate to the newer store version of iTunes.
Setting the visualizer preferences in iTunes (from the MS Store) is a little tricky,
changing them within modern MS store iTunes doesn't permanently save preferences e.g Frame Rate, Quality and Prevent Display Sleep for iTunes
go to 'C/users/username/AppData/Roaming' these iTunes preferences can be modified if you are reasonably confident.
This video can help to those who want enable 3D viewer in Windows 11.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMwAJ7qw6c
I found it helpful so I shared it here.
Thank you!
Last edited by Leo Worker on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Leo Worker wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:35 pm
ozbeats wrote:

Firstly, find an older exe (non-store version) and install it, login and then install your visualizers one by one,
This video can help to those who want enable 3D viewer in Windows 11.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMwAJ7qw6c
I found it helpful so I shared it here.
Thank you!
Thank you for this post.

sharok

Post by sharok »

ozbeats wrote:

I use Jeiver music player. Have you ever tried Aeon or G-Force with Jriver on Windows 11?
Would it work?