Doesn't work....

Unmonitored SoftSkies bug reporting

Moderators: andy55, b.dwall

Len

Doesn't work....

Post by Len »

I have an Dell Inspiron 1520, GMA X3100 integrated graphics card (I'm pretty sure it can handle it), and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

I downloaded the itunes trial version of softskies, and when i try and use it, itunes shows the screen "softskies" then encounters a problem and needs to close. I then downloaded the windows media player version, and all i see is "Softskies" is the visualizer box but nothing is happening, it just stays at the softskies screen.

juxtiphi

Re: Doesn't work....

Post by juxtiphi »

Len wrote:I have an Dell Inspiron 1520, GMA X3100 integrated graphics card (I'm pretty sure it can handle it), and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

I downloaded the itunes trial version of softskies, and when i try and use it, itunes shows the screen "softskies" then encounters a problem and needs to close. I then downloaded the windows media player version, and all i see is "Softskies" is the visualizer box but nothing is happening, it just stays at the softskies screen.
Icbw but i think you need to let SS access the internet try letting it through your firewall and see if it clears up.

juxtiphi

Re: Doesn't work....

Post by juxtiphi »

Len wrote:I have an Dell Inspiron 1520, GMA X3100 integrated graphics card (I'm pretty sure it can handle it), and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

dont know if you're still around Len but here is some info about sift skies

SoftSkies:
- Only runs on OpenGL 1.2 or later. Though OpenGL is universally supported on Macs, support for this on Windows machines is not always guaranteed. We consequently suggest to all SoftSkies users that they make sure their video drivers are up to date and that their video card manufacturer provides support for OpenGL 1.2 or later.